Rugged Military Rackslide Pull-Out & KVM Monitors
Rugged Military Rackslide Pull-Out & KVM Monitors – All RFT and CSC models are designed for compact 1U, 2U or 3U installation in 19” ANSI/EIA standard equipment racks or portable transit cases using rackslides. For deployment the units are pulled out of the rack on the rackslides to a pre-designated mechanical stop and the LCD is lifted up into place for use. RFT and CSC models include integrated KVMs with LCD, Keyboard and Mouse Pointer devices, KVMs with integrated CAT5 Switch or KVM over IP function and display-only models.
- The RFT LCD hinges up toward the operator; The CSC “Clamshell” LCD hinges up away from the operator towards the rack
- Storage Depth: RFT 22″-28″ / CSC 14″-20″
- Displays over 20″ have a tilt swivel mechanism for storage in a 19″ rack
- All units include our proprietary Cable Management System (CMS) with Zero-Backlash
- Our CMS is the strongest, most stable and reliable CMS solution available
Get The Display You Need:
- Hi-Brite LCDs for sunlight readability
- Video Inputs: VGA, Composite, DVI, HDMI, Display Port, HD-SDI, Fiber
- Touchscreens: Resistive and Projected Capacitance (PCAP)
- MS-38999 connectors on video and peripheral devices
- IP65 sealed keyboards with backlighting and sealed 3-button trackballs
- RS232, PS2 and USB Keyboard/Trackball/Trackpad Outputs
- Rackslide Options: steel ball bearing, steel solid dry friction, precision machined aluminum
- AC or DC power supplies certified to MIL-STD-461, -1275 (vehicle), -704 (aircraft)
- Certification to Military Environmental and EMC standards
- LCD sizes from 15″ to 27″
- Pixel Resolutions from 640x480 VGA to 3840x2160 (4K) Quad HD
- Integrated 4/8/16 port KVM Switch
- Integrated Electronics for KVM over IP Internet Connection
- Display-only models without Keyboard and Pointer
- MS-Circular connectors on video and peripheral devices
Each of these featured displays is available with various options.
Rugged Military Rackslide Pull-Out & KVM Monitors
• 17″ Military Certified KVM
• -40C to +70C Operation
• Deployed on Air Refueling Tanker
• Dual 17.3″ 1920X1080 FHD LCDS
• 3G SDI Video Inputs, IP65 Keyboard
• 28VDC Operation, Flight Certified
• 19” 1U Pull-Out Industrial Grade KVM
• 107-Key, 3-Button Trackball
• Dual PS/2 and USB Output
Rackslide Pull-Out KVMs with CAT5 Switch
RACKSLIDE PULL-OUT DISPLAYS without KEYBOARD
NLS RFT and CSC rackslide pull-out units are deployed throughout the world on a wide range of military programs:
- RFT2-17-SKB-HTR USAF KC-135 Refueling Tankers (ROBE)
- RFT2-2LH-17-USB-WS-R Qualified and Serving on MC-12 C4ISR Aircraft
- RFT2-19-MIL-USB LHA and LHD Landing Craft
- RFT2-2L-19-USB Predator Transit Case Mobile GCS
- RFT2-20-2U-RAR SSGN Ohio Class Nuclear Submarines
- CSC-20-MIL European NATO Command Centers, Australian Military Vehicles
- CSC-17-CAT5A Bradley M-3 Vehicles
- CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopters, USN Ships
- RFT2-2L-19-CAT5A-SPKR Canadian Army Vehicles
- CSC-20-MIL-CAT5A SSGN Ohio Class Nuclear Submarines
The original NLS Rackslide Pull-Out KVM, NLS Model RFT-17, was designed in 2000 for Sun Microsystems for installation in equipment bays in large computer server farms. The RFT-17 was the first KVM unit to receive Sun Solaris Certification. At the time Sun manufactured many of the fastest and most powerful computers available and the US military was rapidly incorporating Sun computers for tech refresh and new programs. To meet the demand for a Sun compatible military KVM, NLS strengthened the RFT-17 mechanical design and incorporated a more robust sealed keyboard and other electronic components to satisfy the more demanding environmental standards required for military deployment. All current NLS RFT and CSC units trace their origins back to the original Sun RFT-17.
A customer was developing a new airborne battle command system based on the UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter. The system required a pull-out KVM with a number of difficult design specifications: it had to meet very tight minimal outline dimensions, including 1U maximum height. The KVM unit had to be field removable/replaceable from the equipment enclosure using front access only. When the KVM was pulled-out and deployed, the LCD display head had to be rigidly stabilized and there had to be less than 1mm backlash at the edge of the keyboard during the shock and vibration that could be experienced during combat flight operations. In addition, the LCD display had to be sunlight readable, the keyboard had to be IP65 sealed and backlit, and the unit needed to include a 4-port CAT5 switch with dedicated front panel channel selector buttons. The finished KVM also needed to meet a number of MIL-STD-810G shock, vibration, temperature, impact and other requirements.
NLS Solution: CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK
Starting with one of our standard CSC-17 COTS units, we shortened and strengthened the tray and LCD head and we engineered a new mechanical stop system to keep the head rigidly fixed when in the open/upright position. Working with the rackslide manufacturer we developed new machined aluminum rackslides and a mounting assembly that together reduced the keyboard vibration backlash to within the required 1mm displacement. A new rear mounting bracket and cable management system were engineered to permit rapid removal/replacement of the KVM unit using front access only.
These design improvements, together with the 1200 nit cd/m2 LCD panel and IP65 backlit keyboard combine to make the CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK one of the most rugged, military qualified KVM units of its kind. Recently, the CSC-17-CAT5A-810-SK was tested and qualified to MIL-STD-901D shock and is scheduled for deployment on US Navy ships.
All of our featured displays are available in different configurations, depending on options. We can modify or design a display with the unique features you require.